We are looking to recruit an experienced PMO Manager who will be responsible for setting up a PMO from scratch and should have a continuous improvement mindset and able to manage diverse stakeholders.
- Establish the PMO from scratch.
- Lead Project Management Office, improving its effectiveness by establishing best practices in governance, planning and execution.
- Become deeply engaged in and knowledgeable of the solutions being developed, leading and inspiring teams to perform at their best
- Meet with stakeholders to formalize project vision, establish business case and project scope; collaboratively set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and communicate progress.
- Monitor services delivery throughout the project and identify risks and issues, initiate strategies and take corrective action as appropriate.
- Expertly manage communication within the internal project team and with third-party vendors.
- Use technical background to work closely with other PMO staff and Technical Leads to anticipate release problems and take appropriate action to achieve commitments.
- Review post contractual and pre-initiation project documents
- Select and assign project/program managers.
- Setup and management of continuous training plans.
- Evaluate and appraise Project Managers.
- Select and implement the project management tools needed for the PMO.
- Demonstrated experience in portfolio, program and project management; comfortable being both a hands-on leader and a higher-level manager based on the situation.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and an Agile/Scrum certification preferred.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles and the challenges intrinsic to the development process.
- Expert in Agile application life-cycle management tools like Kubernetes DevOps.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
- Proven leadership ability including effective knowledge sharing, conflict resolution, facilitation of open discussions and appropriate levels of assertiveness.
- Work independently, taking ownership to deliver projects and mentor project teams in order to achieve results.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and tolerant of ambiguity and evolving priorities.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to identify, analyse, and resolve impediments.
- Excellent level of communication skills and technical depth of understanding to be able to effectively lead technical staff as well as communicate with executives and stakeholders.